Monday, January 26, 2009

Guilty Pleasure 103: Pretty Much Anything Period Or in Any Way Related to Jane Austen

Most people know my penchant for things Jane Austen already. So let me tell about a really good period drama that my good friend and fellow-period-drama aficianado, Morgan, told me about. I give you Richard Armitage in all his glory as Mr. Thornton in North and Shouth. I watched it twice in a week and have watched the ending more times than I am willing to fess up to on this blog. I have also downloaded the soundtrack and several clips to my iPod. I know. I need to get a life.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

oh yes, he is a star! the ending to this movie is pretty much perfect. i don't know if you have read the book yet, but it is very good, although the ending was lame-o, so i was glad that i watched the movie first, because it makes me feel like that is the real ending.

you should go to youtube and watch some clips of the vicar of dibley or whatever it's called. he is gorgeous in it, and it's pretty funny.