Friday, April 10, 2009

Anybody have a thousand dollars they want to loan me?


Today, I stumbled upon a charity auction on eBay that got me thinking. The auction is for The Adrienne Shelly Foundation, which supports women filmmakers, and they are offering lunch with some of your favorite celebrities! Among the list is Jeremy Sisto (Clueless, Law & Order), Keri Russell (The Waitress, Felicity), Paul Rudd (any Judd Apatow movie, Anchorman, Role Models), Nathan Fillion (Castle, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog), David Schwimmer (Friends, Band of Brothers), Ally Sheedy (Breakfast Club), Jon Hamm (Mad Men, 30 Rock), Rachel Dratch (Saturday Night Live), and Kevin Smith (Catch and Release, Jay and Silent Bob). Strangely enough, the current top bid with $3,050 (subject to change) is going to Kevin Smith, who I am sure would make for a very entertaining lunch guest but he would not be my first choice. I mean, have you seen Paul Rudd? Adorable, right? And, for my sense of humor, I think Paul Rudd would be equally if not more entertaining (See any movie he has ever been in). Second place, would go to Jon Hamm, who is pretty dreamy on Mad Men and, I recently found out, is good friends with Paul Rudd. He could come, too!
However, if I were to pick my optimal lunch guest outside the list, it would definitely be Tina Fey. Mainly, because she is my hero.

How about you, readers? Who would your ideal lunch be with? Don't go cheesy on me and say your family or something? Be honset!

1 comment:

nikki finn said...

well well ellen lloyd.. i have stumbled across your blogging sanctuary and have been reading up.

as a lunch date.. i would choose vince vaughn.. i am strangely in love with him. however, it would have to be a private lunch, because he would possibly make me pee my pants from sheer excitement/laughing so hard.

as a dream back up.. i choose ned the pie maker from pushing daisies but only if he promised to love me as much/more as he loved chuck.


ahhhhhhh. thank you for entertaining me:)