Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Don't Care What You Think, I Like Katy Perry!

It is time that I go on record and say that I love Katy Perry. I am totally on board with her geeky-cool-retro schtick and anyone who puts out a video like her latest for “Last Friday Night”, which I have linked below, is A-OK in my book. You have Kenny G, Corey Feldman, Debbie Gibson, Kevin McHale, Darren Criss, and Hanson (who look so much hotter in the 2000s, by the way) in one video. Even the inclusion of Rebecca Black kind of rocks my socks because I respect that Katy is giving the girl a chance to shred her “national joke” image and I felt like she (very nearly) delivered.

Mainly, I love the video because it feels like every teen movie or TGIF TV show plot from the 90s. My parents found out that I went to that party?! Wah-wah. I was waiting for Danny Tanner to walk in at the end, cue the sentimental music, and have a heart-to-heart with Katy’s alter-ego Kathy Beth Terry about the dangers of teenage partying. Also, I am pretty sure that my childhood Malibu Barbie wore the same outfit that the sexified Kathy Beth wore to the party. What can I say? Barbie had to look smokin’ when she drove around my bedroom in her pink Jeep with the top down.

Watch the video and let me know what you think? Were you also getting a Step by Step vibe? Does this make you like Katy Perry more? Less? The same amount?

Favorite details: the guy with the drawn on tuxedo, bobbled hair-ties, Artie walks (!), “Why is there some lost boy in your bed?”, and the font of the credits.

2 comments:

HaileyBusath said...

This is probably one of the most amazing videos I have ever seen! Katy Perry is 100 times cooler! I love that Artie was in there and Rebecca Black, that was awesome

Brynne said...

That California Girls song she sings confuses me. She's singing about sun-kissed skin...and the last time I saw her I actually saw through her..which makes her just like me haha but I don't sing about being tan.