Saturday, June 11, 2011

Guys, The Pressure’s On.

Those of you who know me, know that if I am any two things, those things would have to be a cinephile and a hopeless romantic. So when those two things collide? Watch out. AND THEN, when that lethal combination is overlain with a soundtrack of Florence + The Machine’s “Dog Days Are Over”? Game over.

Such is the case with the video that I have attached below. Watch it, then report back for my commentary.

LUCK - NYC Wedding Proposal from Aria Melody DJ on Vimeo.


First of all, there is no way that any woman ever in the history of womanhood could turn down a man that would make this video. Am I right? It’s practically science. We are hard-wired to be suckers for this kind of stuff. Or is that just me?

Second, this is just good filmmaking. I know that he had help, but whoever is responsible for the concept, editing, and direction, gets some serious kudos.

How do you we feel about this, ladies? I feel like I am ready to declare it the best proposal that I have seen posted on the internet, possibly even the best proposal that I have seen. Period. I know, it’s a strong statement, but that is how much I love this. Agree? Disagree? And be honest, did the tears come?

5 comments:

Morgan said...

the best part was that it wasn't even cheesy. it was so sweet, but also cool. very creative. i think i might just watch it again. ;)

Katie C. said...

Super creative. I didn't think it was real!

My brother made a video to ask his in-laws to marry their daughter, since he was in Alaska at the time. Not nearly as professional!

Sidney Boman said...

Wow. That was beautiful. I love that they had all of that footage of their time together. And it was all put together so well! So sweet. The tears definitely came :) Although I don't think it's possible for me to not cry during any proposal. I always cry even if it's some strangers on tv. I actually think I cried the first time I saw that fancy feast commercial where her boyfriend gets her that fluffy white kitten with the engraved collar that says "will you marry us?" ok maybe I didn't cry...

Kimberlee said...

Tears. No one could have devised a more perfect proposal.

Kimberly said...

Win. I want one for me! Why haven't I been compiling high quality videos of me and my love?