Monday, July 14, 2008

My Latest Obsession: PSYCH


This is not so much a new obsession, but one that I have recently rekindled. Anyone who I have not made watch this show must start immediately. The plot is basically this: a guy who was grew up with his police detective dad learned all the trade tricks and has a knack for being hyper-observant. When he calls in anonymous tips from watching the Channel 8 news reports, the police bring him in because they surmise that the only way he could know all of this is by being involved in the crimes. He instead tells them that he knows all this because he is "psychic". And thus, the hilarity ensues. He forces his best friend into opening a psychic detective agency with him and together they solve crime with the occasional help from the local police detectives and Shawn's dad. This buddy comedy/mystery is highly entertaining with it's running gags (pineapples and nicknames), pop culture references galore, and great comedic chemistry between the two leads Dule Hill (Gus) and James Roday (Shawn). In honor of the DVD for Season 2 having come out on Tueday of last week and the third season starting on Friday, I thought I would include a couple of my favorite quotes, so enjoy!

Shawn Spencer: Oh, you mean my pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border. I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

Carlton Lassiter: Hey, we found prints.
Shawn Spencer: Was he in a little red corvette?
Burton 'Gus' Guster: Under the cherry moon?
Carlton Lassiter: FINGER prints!

Bird the Bounty Hunter: (referring to his arm band): By the way, these don't come in tiny.
Shawn: That's fine, we'll just get a woman's large.

Shawn: (After Gus confronts him about making up his childhood nickname, Big Head Burton) Gus, I have a knack for alliteration. I'm a slave to it.

1 comment:

Kami Jean said...

Ellen-This show is my obsession too. I love your quotes.