Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What's your flavor? Edward Norton Edition




On Sunday, some friends and I partook of the splendor that is The Painted Veil starring Naomi Watts and ... Edward Norton. This viewing made it necessary to re-see The Incredible Hulk under the pretense the "my friends hadn't seen it yet" and it is so "entertaining" (it really is, though). Edward and I have had an interesting relationship, in as much that, in the past, I have not been sure if I have been fully ready to commit. This is probably due to his always being bad (e.g. The Italian Job) or weird in some way (e.g. Fight Club). Let me assure you, not in the case in The Painted Veil or The Incredible Hulk. So this is the first edition of my first feature, "What's your flavor?". Edition 1: Edward Norton. The nominees being the slightly younger, slightly crazy Edward in Fight Club, the distressed and jilted, yet virtuously beautiful Edward in The Painted Veil, and last, but certainly not least in my opinion, the troubled, caring, scientist-turned-anger-management-student, Bruce Banner aka "The Incredible Hulk". In case you cannot tell, I am all about the Bruce Banner. His slight character flaw only makes him more in need of some companionship. So what do you say readers (or Jillian), what's your flavor?

2 comments:

jillian said...

I'm partial to the Fight Club Edward. I don't know why he wanted to be Brad Pitt so bad, cuz I dig the scrawny guys (and we all know I am the authority on male attractiveness). I would have given him his much needed hug.

Though of course I do love the Bruce Banner Edward. I think I'd rather be friends with the Hulk than Jack and his schizophrenia. Especially in his cabin at the end. Edward Norton in Canada??? I'm down.

Ellen said...

If there is one thing Jillian likes more than American Edward Norton, it is Canadian, Edward Norton.