Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Newest DVD: Cranford


So I have a bit of a confession to make, I am slightly addicted to Amazon.com. Especially now that I have Amazon Prime which gives me free two-day shipping. It only makes my bad habit of excessive DVD buying more easy. With that said, please do not think that I regret this purchase in any way. The new DVD is Cranford starring Dame Judi Dench and some other more mature in age British ladies. It is adorable. Produced by the same lady that made the superior five hour Pride and Prejudice, it has much of the same feel. It is about this little town and all of the people in it, so there is a lot going on. Apparently this means a lot of deaths and a lot of weddings. But even with all the deaths, this miniseries is a new favorite, totally worth the five hours.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

ellen, i don't think this "confession" comes as a surprise to anyone. that does sound like a cool miniseries, definitely something i would like.

BTW, this is a great idea for you to blog about all your great finds. make sure to include good books you've found too!

oh, and you had better be recording SYTYCD right now!