Saturday, August 25, 2007

Day 3 - Paris

Today we woke up at 5 am to get to our Chunnel to Paris at 7 am. This meant getting to carry all of my stuff all over London and Paris again. I slept on the train for pretty much the entire thing. When we got to Paris, we got our museum passes and then tried to figure out the Metro system. To make a very long, painful, tiring, experience short, we got to our hotel by 1 pm. This one is much better than the last. I can actually stand up straight in it. We started our sightseeing by going to the Louvre, as any sightseeing in Paris should start. We saw everything one should see in the Louvre, namely Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, etc. We walked around outside the Louvre. The amazing thing about the Louvre is that not only is it full of beautiful paintings but the museum itself and the grounds are gorgeous. After strolling for a while we found a café and got some sandwiches but decided we still wanted more, so we took the metro over to an area with a lot of markets. Kimberlee and I went a bakery to get a baguette. When we got to the front of line they had just gotten out loaves from the oven so our baguette was hot, fresh and delicious. We went down the street to another market and got drinks and these great ice cream bars. After this we walked down the Champs Elysees (sp?) and to the Arc. We started heading to the Eiffel Tower. By the time we got there, they were just starting to light it up. It was beautiful. We all just sat in a little park and talked while looking up at the Eiffel Tower. These have been my favorite kinds of moments in Europe so far, the kind where we are just sitting and chillaxing in front of amazing architecture, history, or sights. After this we headed home, and here I am writing this blog while eating my leftover baguette. I am in bliss.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Ellen, you are so funny. I can just picture you over there, happy as a clam. You are making me jealous though. I have been to both places so far, and am itching so bad to go on a vacay, and London and Paris sound perfect...aahhhh, wish I could be there with you! Someone as sentimental about traveling as I am. I like to be cheesy and do all the things that you imagine that people do in London and Paris, like go to shows, catch the tube, and eat baguettes with delicious cheeses....sigh. Have fun!

Mr. Reynolds said...

I have one question for you Ellen, are you in bliss?

:P