Sunday, August 12, 2007

Passport Drama

Since this blog is being kept to document my wonderous European adventures, I figured I should record the stress I had to go through to get there. On Friday, I left work around 11 because I had to take care of some things to get ready for my trip. I feel this some good intuitive on my part considering what proceeded to happen. My passport was supposed to arrive on Tuesday so I was hoping it would be waiting for me in my mailbox so that I could mail it off with my visa application. When my passport wasn't there my mom and I were furious because I had already put three rushes on it and still needed to apply for my visa. Seeing as how I avoid confrontaion like the plauge, my mom called the passport people and boy, did she give them a piece or as Dylan later said, "she opened a can of whoop ass." Mom and I went down to San Francisco and after waiting an hour to get up to the counter to request them to pull up my file we had to wait another half hour to find out that they had not even touched my application. They told us that my passport would be ready by six. At this point it was four and I had everyone coming over to my house to go out to dinner for my birthday at 6:30 and I still had to drive from San Francisco during rush hour on a Friday. Mom ended up staying in SF to get my passport while Dad drove to meet her there and I rushed home as fast as was possible in rush hour traffic. In the end it all worked out, but as you can probably imagine it was very stressful at the time.

In birthday celebration news, my dinner was super fun and I got some awesome presents (thanks girls!). On Saturday I went and dropped off my visa application at the post office and then I got my new birthday running shoes. That night, Starr, Mom and I went and saw Stardust. It was so good and everyone must see it. I loved it!

Now, I must go because Flight of the Conchords is on!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Ellen, I heard about your SF/passport fiasco. I can't believe how RETARDED those people are. I can't believe they haven't even TOUCHED it. I would be soo furious, as I know you were. Now hopefully you will get your visa ok, I'll be praying for ya!!

whitney said...

p.s. that was jillian. people keep using my computer and i never know who i'm signed in as. lo siento.