Thursday, September 6, 2007

Day 6 - Madrid

So, on the next day in Madrid we went to the Prado and saw some awesome art, which I had already seen in my last trip to Spain, but it was still cool. Don’t get me wrong, I love art, but I would never call myself an aficionado and I was getting a little tired of the museum scene. After the Prado, we found some lunch, which ended up being a mistake because we mistook the cheap prices for a great deal as opposed to what it really was, gross, cheap, crap. We wandered a little bit after lunch and saw some cool stuff and then made our way to the Palacio Real. It was amazing. The craziest thing about these palaces is that people actually lived in these places and didn’t wander through them with velvet ropes keeping you from going through the entire room, as I was. After much time in the Palacio, we made our way to a park so that Eric could take a load off, seeing as how he was still very sick (I don’t remember if I mentioned, but Eric was sick throughout most of Paris). It was pretty fun to just chill for a while as opposed to rushing from one place to the next. Then, we did the only shopping that Kimberlee and I asked to do on the whole trip, which is not bad for two girls in Europe. I mean, we didn’t even ask to go into one store in Paris! So, the guys waited for an hour while Kimberlee and I went to H&M. Best store ever. And they are all over the place here. For dinner, we just got some snacks at a store and then headed back to the hotel.

No comments: