Thursday, September 6, 2007

Day 8 - Cordoba

Cordoba was next on the agenda and this meant another train ride. We got into town at about 8:30 am and started the search for yet another hostel. This one was as cute as the last and had the most amazing air conditioning ever. I actually don’t know how amazing it was but it sure was a relief in this city, because it was hot. In fact, with all this heat I was feeling not so hot. As we headed for the Mesquita (another Muslim palace) I could feel something was not right. To put it delicately, I became well acquainted with what the inside of the toilet at the palace looked like, which was not part of the tour. The coolest part was that I met a family who was picking up there twin sons who both served their missions in different parts of Spain and oddly enough grew up with my buddy, Starr. I was so glad that I was meeting people looking as hot as I am sure I did. I decided to sit out on wandering the street of Cordoba for a while and went back to the hostel. I awoke to my group telling me that we would be going to a Flamenco show that night. The Flamenco was fun and a given when in Spain. I went to bed that night hoping that I would feel better the next morning.

No comments: