Monday, September 24, 2007

America the Beautiful

Do not get me wrong. I love Europe. I am having the time of life and am loving absolutely every second. I am not trying to brag, but I am. Just to bring me down from cloud nine, let's list the things that I miss about America:

1. Free water. I don't think we appreciate this the way we should. They charge you for tap water here! Crazy.
2. In direct correlation with number 1, free refills. Oh how I miss my endless supply of Diet Coke.
3. A good salad or Jamba Juice. This is probably because I am eating cheap which means a lot of schnitz and brauts, but I feel like I am not getting a lot of fresh food. I would kill for a good salad bar.
4. Bathrooms. Free ones, mind you. They have them here but you are expected to pay for most of them.
5. Having to schedule everything. I miss being able just bring friends home and have it be ok.
6. The "y" key. On German keyboards, the "z" key and the "y" key are switched and you never realize how much you use the "y" key until you keep typing "Ellen Llozd" or "zours trulz". It is quite annozing.
7. Prices. Stuff is expensive here, especially when you factor in conversion. I long for my good old Target.
8. Smiling. I miss smiling. I am a smiler. When you smile here, people think that you have mental problems.
9. People minding their own business and not telling you to cover your mouth when you yawn. Yes, this happened to me.
10. English. I miss English.

So, there they are. Again, I am not complaining, just documenting the things that I miss.

4 comments:

Josh and Michelle said...

Thats hilarious Ellen Llozd. It sound like a really good time though. so cool. I would love to experience another place, and i dont mean Utah cause thats about all I have been to.

Mr. Reynolds said...

I hate to tell you, Ellen. But, when you smile a lot here, people think you're just as nuts....

:P

-Jordan

jillian said...

they make you pay to go to the bathroom? no wonder europeans are always relieving themselves on the sidewalk. or is that just the drunk ones?

jillian said...

Oh hey and I another thing....apparently I am not a black-hearted, unfriendly person. I am a European. So there.