Thursday, September 6, 2007

Vienna So Far- A Readers Digest Version

Vienna is awesome so far! I live with a Kimberlee and a Kimberly, and oddly enough I am the only one with a nickname. Here I am known as Ayon, the Spanish pronunciation of my name. I love living with the Kims because we have so much fun together. Even when we are lost in Vienna, we are having a blast cracking ourselves up and looking like obvious outsiders. Our couple that we live with are the sweetest people ever. Helmut and Edit. Helmut was described to us as a teddy bear and that is Helmut to a tee. He is this big teddy bear who is always cracking jokes and trying to make sure that we don’t get lost again. Edit is his cute little wife who is always rushing around us to make sure we have enough Nutella (God’s greatest creation) and yogurt to keep us happy at breakfast. We get breakfast every morning and it is always this awesome spread of meat, cheese, toast, yogurt with muselee (sp?), toast with Nutella, juices, and fruit teas for my sore throat. Food here is basically amazing. Edit took us on a walk through the Vienna Woods and we ended up at this restaurant that had every meat you can imagine schnitzeled. It was awesome. School is going really good and I can already feel my German improving. The city is gorgeous and the people are very helpful. We just got back from our day trip to Bratislava, Slovakia where it downpoured all day long, but we still had a really good time. I will try to be more consistent with my blog entries now that I am caught up, so until next time, Schuss!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

ellen, i love reading all about your adventures. I heard a little about all your drama and am sorry for that. But I am glad that you are now in one place and that you have such an awesome host family. That seriously makes all the difference in the world. How lucky! Keep us updated, I am so jealous, and I miss your huts. Jill just doesn't appreciate romance the way you do!! :)

Mr. Reynolds said...

"School is going really good." C'mon Ellen, "school is going WELL."

:P

I'm glad you are in bliss...this breakfast sounds amazing. Have Edit send some my way by overnight mail. :)

-Jordan

Morgan said...

ok, so hello again ellen. so i saw hairspray finally, on monday night and LOVED it. when I got out, the first person i wanted to call was you, but no, of course you were in vienna. i thought it was so well done, and way better than the touring company production i saw.

also, i have been looking on this sight for a new blog template, and i saw one with audrey hepburn, and thought of you. go to pyzam .com, to blogger templates, and i think it's on page 23. i thought it would be cute for your blog. love ya, miss ya!

jillian said...

Spam!!! Spam, Spam!!! Take the s off of that and you have one of my favorite office moments.

You are so lucky to be singing in the hills that are alive with the sound of music.